Federal Assistance for Food Insecurity

If you are struggling with food insecurity, you may be eligible for assistance from SNAP. You must apply for SNAP in the state where you currently reside. You can learn about eligibility for Michigan SNAP at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services website. You can apply for SNAP benefits at the MI Bridges website.

Many students wonder if SNAP benefits will impact their financial aid or work study programs. You’ll find answers to common questions in the Eligibility Expansion document.

If you have questions regarding your eligibility or the application process, you can reach out to the Managed Care / Student Insurance Office by emailing UHS-mancare-stuins@med.umich.edu or by calling 734-764-5182.